Saturday, November 8, 2008

Andrea Visit Day 2

We had such a great day watching chick flicks in our pj's during the day, visiting and encouraging each other, drinking hot cider... Then we went hiking up in the mountains in the afternoon. We drove most of the way up to Lion Rock and then hiked the last mile and a half up.
Fabulous view from the top! You could see Mt. Olympus and Mt. Ranier (I think those were the ones we could see.) It was so great to be back in the mountains.

This was Andrea's first time driving in the mountains. She took her time coming back down and it was getting to be evening. We came around the corner to see this (and the photo doesn't do it justice because I don't know what I am doing with my camera yet!):

I ended up driving home to Seattle through the mountain pass in pitch blackness - a strange experience to know the mountains are there but not be able to see them. I had a great visit with Andrea and Jonathan and hope to get to see them again soon.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What amazing views! How can you question God's glory when you see something like that?! It makes me long for the mountains. There is just a majesty that can't be found in the midwest. What a blessing to spend it in fellowship with Andrea, as well.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.