I had one of these in the apartment I was living in located in Paxtonville, PA. I treated it as a pet and named it Herman. Herman was quite large, 5-6 inches long and over 2 inches wide from leg tip to leg tip. One big plus was that Herman was the only bug in that apartment, he ate everything else. I used to bring insects inside so he would have something to eat. Herman was never very popular with the ladies. A bunch of us were watching videos one night and Herman ran across one of the girl's bare leg in the dark. Can you say pandemonium? I was very busy trying to get the lights turned on and yelling at everybody not to step on him. Herman managed to escape unharmed. For the rest of the night nobody sat on the floor and all the girls kept their legs curled up on the chairs. And they insisted that the lights stay on.When I moved I caught Herman and took him to a friends house who was having trouble with earwigs. A few months later his house was bug free. They make a great natural pest control in the home if you can stand to have them around. Give it a try. I double dog dare you.
The boys and I took a good look at him, and took his picture... and left him alone. (Mostly because I am too scared of him and he disappeared. But Pookies says she saw him around today.) Maybe we have a new pet we need to name! Any suggestions?
1 comment:
I think you should name him Cruiser.
Beth thinks you should name it Spiky.
Leah says you should call him Silly Catepillar,
and uncle Pete just laughed.
Post a Comment