Saturday, November 8, 2008

Seattle

I had a great visit in Seattle with my Gramma. This is the view from the dining room at my aunt and uncle's house. (Can you see the mountains in the distance?) It was a beautiful restful place to spend a week without kids in tow. I have been informed though, that I am only welcome to return if I bring my kids and husband with me next time. :o)!
My uncle and aunt had some friends visiting from California, and they were great. I lurked and enjoyed the luxery of so much adult conversation. On Sunday I went to Church with Gramma in the morning, and my Aunt Ruth and Uncle Dave in the evening. In between Gramma, my cousin Daniel and I headed downtown. We visited the sculpture garden and Pike Place Market.
Gramma and cousin Daniel.

Cool shadow, and pic of sculpture after. I have never seen a traveling musician with a PIANO before!

I spent a couple of days with Andrea (she used to live with us and is the best ever!) Then when I came back I had more fun w/ Gramma. One day we went and got manicures and pedicures. Here are our pumpkin colored toe nails:
I also got to visit my Aunt's Community Bible Study where she teaches every week, spend an afternoon baking and watching HGTV just because, have game night with the whole fam - including my cousin Luke and his girlfriend Robin, visit the downtown library and art museum with Gramma, and attend an AA meeting with my Uncle who was speaking. I had a great and restful trip (who knew sleeping soundly all night long for a week could do so much for you!?!) I also discovered that my depression is worse than I thought it was, and I may be going back on meds again. Made an appointment for 1 Dec. after getting home. This week was good for rest and focus and relationships. I sure missed my boys, though. I had fun meeting them in Minneapolis and surprising Andrew's family by bringing home Aunt Stephanie from the airport as a surprise (she is teaching English and Tae Kwon Do in Korea this year). We had a great visit for a few days, and it is good to be back home.

No comments: