Americans spend 450 billion dollars on Christmas every year.
It would cost 10 billion dollars to give the whole world clean water.
Ok - this just blows my mind. A group of moms in Iowa put together this idea that if we make sacrifices and ask for Water for Christmas we can make a dent in the need for clean water around the world. I don't have 10 billion dollars, but I can do something! Every little bit helps. I know if I was a mom that didn't have clean water or healthcare, especially for my kids, I would desperately long for someone that had resources to help me. Clean water is the first step in stoping global epidemics like TB and AIDS. I couldn't figure out how to import the logo and links, so I am putting the links where I found the information. Please partner with me in getting someone WATER FOR CHRISTMAS.
http://jodyrlanders.com/?p=3017 (the water project introduction)
http://jodyrlanders.com/ Jody Lander's (a mom in Iowa who adopted 2 kids from Africa and has a huge burden for all the kids still there with great needs) blog page with links and updates on the project - scroll through her past posts to find some great ideas that you can use to make a difference.
1 comment:
Wow... that makes you rethink some things. How did you first hear of this cause?
Post a Comment