Tuesday, December 2, 2008
One little pill.
Yesterday I had my dr. appointment about my depression. It has gotten so bad that it has been very debilitating and I need help. I haven't been on meds for about 5 years and was nervous about the side effects. Took my first pill this morning and by naptime I could already tell a huge difference. My mind was calm and clear - no longer in survival mode. I could even finish dialing the phone and listen to Seth at the same time (something I have been incapable of lately.) I am so thankful to have good medical care to help me when I need it. I am praying for no side effects this time. Thank you to those who have been praying for me about this. I already feel like less of a failure as a mother because I am taking care of myself. We had beautiful weather today, and I had a great adventure just being outside with the boys and walking to the park and playing in the spring and climbing on rocks and trees - and it wasn't an overwhelming effort to make myself do it! Such a joy to not be so overwhelmed about very basic things in my life. The extra energy should wear off in about two weeks, and then we will see where we are at with the depression and start adjusting my meds to what I need. I am hoping that if I do have lots of extra energy I get my house super clean! :o)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you never shared this with me. i'll be praying for you in regards to this. i'm glad that the medication is helping. certainly this will only enhance the love you have for your family and your heart for Christ's church.
I'm a sorry to hear that you are depressed. Didnt know. You always seemed so happy and you are doing such a great job with the boys. I hope the pills will give you want you need. Lily says hi ... she cant wait to meet you again. :o)
Post a Comment