"I sit! I sit! I sit!" (said with pacifier in mouth.)
Gavin is my little love - he climbs into my lap to be held. He is touchy feely and makes this great smack sound when he gives you a kiss (if it isn't the open mouthed slobbery kind.) He engages with everything around him. Opening and shutting doors. Turning pages of books (we have never had to keep the big kid books away from him.) He is stubborn - it takes Andrew and I, both, to keep him in check and we are both stubborn people (ask our folks!) He loves to get his hair cut and do big boy things, but sometimes he just wants to be my baby still. Today he amazed me. When our dishwasher broke down and started pouring water out the bottom mid-cycle I headed for a big beach towel to sop it up. I came back to find Gavin had gotten the kitchen towel and was already cleaning up the floor for me. He loves to sweep, throw things away, help out with anything and everything. His intensity is relational. He is funny. He tries to kiss you or make you laugh when he is in trouble and distract you from the issue at hand. I love him so very much!
"Want blankie (or whatever the thing of the moment is)."
me - ok, go get it. it is upstairs in your room.
"No, YOU go get it."
me - no Gavin, if you want it - you need to go get it."
"No, YOU. YOU get it. YOU get it." said with stormy eyes and his lips out in this pouty little face (only a little more pouty and stormy usually - the camera around softened the look a little):
No comments:
Post a Comment