Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My little shepherds.

Seth and his class at church got to dress up as shepherds and angels to sing 3 Christmas songs on Sunday morning. Seth freaked out and didn't want to do it, but we got him dressed and gave him some pep talks. When the time came he ran down front and was totally fine. The big surprise was that at the last minute Gavin decided to join (he usually hangs w/ all the bigger boys, but is still in the nursery at church - even though they made him a costume, too, he had insisted he didn't want to do it.) This is a good picture of how things went down. Gavin was in his own little world. Seth was the only one who actually did the motions (and then didn't sing much of the other 2 songs). Roger and Reid fought over the microphone even though they didn't have solos, so they eventually turned it off and took it away. Everyone at church just chuckled the whole time. And I sat in the front row and took pictures of the somewhat managed chaos. It was very fun and I was glad to be there. This weekend I had pain behind my left eye, and then developed vision problems (and I also had sleep problems). I was pretty confident that all this was from being off my depression meds during the week from the flu and then starting it back up again while my body was run down. With the vision problems the nurse told me to go to the ER, so I waited till after church to go. 4 hours and a CT scan on my eyes later the dr. told me that he didn't see anything significant, and he also thought it was just a reaction to the Wellbutrin. Monday morning I finally got ahold of my dr.'s office and the nurse got me an appointment for Tuesday a.m. and told me to quit taking the Wellbutrin. (I did, have continued to have a little bit of problem w/ the headaches behind my left eye, etc. and had a crash today because evidentally you aren't supposed to quit Wellbutrin cold turkey.) I will be meeting w/ my Dr. on 12 January to figure out what to do next, and also starting counseling w/ a Christian counselor that was recommended to me by a friend that day. I am so thankful that Andrew will be around all but one day till then to help me with the boys because some days I am so overwhelmed that it is a struggle to fill up their Cheerio bowl and I lack the patience with them that I need. Please pray that the crash from the medicine will subside and the headaches and vision problems that go with that disappear. Thanks!

No comments: