Monday, December 29, 2008

Conversations this morning - 2

Mommy was bad and had Christmas candy for breakfast in front of the boys, and then she made them eat breakfast. Bad Mommy!
Later she is upstairs reading when Seth walks in and asks a question. His mouth is rimmed with chocolate.
"Seth, tell me what chocolate you ate. Tell me the truth."
Seth pauses for a minute and considers his words.
"I had candy." Pointing at the thumb on his left hand.
"A Cookie." Pointing at the pointer finger on his left hand.
Continuing counting on his fingers, "A Santa candy, a circle candy..."
At this point Mommy interupts and sends Seth to his room so she can crack up laughing. He told the truth and it was too funny. (And I really can't blame him as I had candy for breakfast myself, at least he ate his breakfast first!)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Having had many mornings invovling candy for breakfast, I can understand how hard it must have been not to laugh while you were talking with him. What a funny nephew.