Since we are stuck inside with little to do (well, there is a lot to be done, but Mama doesn't feel good, so...)
*I tried to run to the mailbox this morning in my little jammie shorts, big down coat, and hiking boots. As soon as I hit the snow that had ice over it I went sprawling forward with the mail I was carrying facefirst into the snow. Classy. Very classy.
*I found a chunck of red hair today. Seth had informed me that Gavin had cut his hair (and one of our textbooks for school.) Yup - he has a chunk missing. Nice.
*The boys have spent a large portion of today building tunnels with the mangna tiles for their zhu zhu pets to run through. Pretty imaginative and fun.
*Gavin figured out it was his birthday and is pretty happy about that.
*I figured out a new discipline method from Mrs. Dugger. "I want their eyes, because if I don't have their eyes I don't have their heart." She was calm and relaxed and made her son repeat what he needed to learn from the situation 10 times. We have been looking in Mommy's eyes and repeating things 10 times. Everyone is a LOT more calm around here (and I think while it seems a little of a game, it sets the ideas in their head more firmly than a lecutre and may deter them from doing stuff in the future - we will see!)
*Seth decided to listen to Christmas music while he unloaded the dishwasher. Yup. He loves him some Christmas music.
*Gavin has been doing a lot of singing while running around and playing. Also singing Christmas music. "Jingle Bells" to be exact.
*Mama is looking forward to adult company at the soonest opportunity. CABIN FEVER!!!!
2 comments:
HahahahAHAHAHHAhahhaha!!!! That is about you and your shorts? What in the world. Only you Beccy. I LOVE it. I assume it was at least as cold there as it was here yesterday? We never got above -8.
I love the repeating 10 times - I have always insisted on eye contact but the repeating might be a really great thing for little miss Juliette.... ;)
Andrew sent me an email that he was upset that I fell...and he wasn't here to watch me. I skidded quite a-ways across the pavement. And by a few hours later you couldn't even tell from all the new snow and wind blowing everything around. With windchill today it is -20. We are not going ANYWHERE!
Post a Comment