Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Do you see it?

Nope, not the cigarette butt that appeared after the snow and ice melted. Right next to it. That little bitty sign of hope that spring is coming.
And another one -that little brown nub of hope sticking up out of the ground. I could only find 2. Maybe moving my bulbs so much wasn't such a good idea. I will be really sad if I killed them all in the name of trying to save them (Gramma gave them to me for a house warming gift the first fall we were here.)

AND another sign we may have an early spring - I saw a big fast strong V of birds flying NORTH!!!! Yay!!!! I am sure we have some more bouts of cold headed our way, but we are gonna make it through. My lungs are GOING to heal, and I am GOING to train for the RAGBRAI. (Praying hard on this one. Side note: waiting on the health system to do it's job so I can make an appt. to see an ENT specialist. Hoping they can get me in pretty quick. Being sick for months on end is a drag. I am learning a lot, though, so it isn't a total waste!)

Come on Spring!!!!

1 comment:

megan Betz said...

We need some pics of them skating!!!