Monday, July 12, 2010

I really didn't want to...

(I will tell you what at the end of this post.)
This morning I had one thing on my agenda - get a referral to an infectious disease specialist about my staph infection. I called my amazing friend Melissa, and she said she would pick up my boys from VBS if I was still at a dr. appt. I get the okay to be a walk in at the base clinic and head over. I spend hours sitting before getting squeezed in (and I am so thankful for all the people who made that possible - I was the 15th walk in of the day, and I am pretty sure some people missed lunch for me.) I got my referral, a prescription for heavy duty medicine, and a culture on the new staph pustules that have showed up to make sure we are still dealing with the same staph infection. Then I had to go wait in the pharmacy. For those who have been there, you sign in and then wait, and all seats face the t.v. It is usually turned to a news station. Not today, baby. Today Martha Stewart was on. Martha - good wholesome tv, right? I start to watch. What is it? An exercise segment (there is usually not a lot of volume)? Well, I guess it could be considered an exercise segment, she was learning how to pole dance. Yup. I tried to avert my eyes because I was so embarrassed, but I happened to catch the eye of another guy trying to do the same thing. EVEN MORE EMBARRASSING! Yup. Today I really didn't want to watch Martha Stewart pole dance... Oh, my.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um...can we leave pole dancing out of my domestic diva lessons? please never call me martha again!