Friday, July 2, 2010
4th of July Fireworks at the Base Lake
We got there after Red Robin for dinner, early enough to stake out a good spot (close to the entrance to the lake, car pointing towards the road.) We got settled in. Andrew do you like your new chair? Papa Buzz tested it out for you. It should hold up with you plus kiddos in your lap!
As it got dark we broke out the glow necklaces and sticks. We got a lot of entertainment and joy out of the $1 glow necklaces.
Seth is an angel!
Mommy's halo is a little crooked. :o)
I think these guys are hippies or something. We were sure having a lot of fun.
Gavin shared some of the necklaces with the pretty little girls sitting next to us. Then the four kids had fun running around as it got dark. The lake was flooded. In the background of the picture below you can see some pylons. The were several feet above the water level last year. I would say that there was 1/3 or less bank to sit on from last year. I guess I didn't take any pictures with the lake behind us. There was a nice breeze, so we didn't have to worry too much about mosquitos, but we wore long sleeve and pants just in case. it was peaceful and beautiful and we had a great time.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment