Friday, July 9, 2010
Day 1.
My parents left yesterday morning. I cried. Mommy cried. I am so thankful to have parents that love me so well that they drop everything and come to take care of me and my home and my boys. Here is a sample of what Papa Buzz accomplished:
Beautiful!!! So I was on my own with the boys for the first time since April. We had a great day. The boys only had about for destructo moments: 1- filling the kitchen step stool with water, so after naptime I found my kitchen flooded from all the water that had drained out of the not waterproof stool, 2 - attempting to disassemble the ball on my new dyson vacuum, 3 - attempting to take apart something else that was very expensive (I forget what, now), and 4- getting into an entire tube of diaper rash ointment right before bed. I cleaned, cooked, played with the boys, had quiet time, naptime, and even watercolor painted with the boys! Then we had company over for dinner. My friends were going to stop by, and ended up getting kicked out of their house for a showing. It worked out great, except that by 9pm when I finally got the boys in bed for the night I was WIPED out! I felt like I had run a marathon or been working for 18 hours straight instead of 12. I stayed up way to late vegging in front of the tv. (I have NO control when I am that fried, and I think we would be better off with no tv. I don't think I will be able to convince Andrew, though. He LOVES his sports.) Anyhow, here is a preview of the first step of our art project. You will have to wait to see what we make with these and how it turns out. (Mine has a color wheel - they were really figuring out the blending of colors well and were really interested to see that. I also did half my project with watercolor colored pencils.)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment