Thursday, May 6, 2010

Life Unexpected.

This week I got carried around like a princess, only it was a stretcher and I was headed to the ambulance and taken to the ER. Not how you imagine things. I got a strange and sudden infection on my inner thigh between Friday night and Sunday morning when I had to have it lanced open at the base Urgent Care. I was starting to become septic with a blood pressure that was dropping to the 50's and 60's so they pumped fluid into me and sent me to the hospital. I ended up staying till today. It is a staph infection, but thankfully not MRSA. I am on the mend, with an open seeping wound that has to be repacked daily till it heals - maybe 2 weeks? Abby came from Colorado and my boys did great having a sleepover with friends, and then with cousins. I am so thankful for all the people who love me and made the effort to show up in our lives and help take care of us in our time of need. We are so grateful to you all. I am resting and drugged up. Abby is bathing little girls and little boys. Andrew is back at work flying and trying not to worry about me. Thank you, everyone, for praying for me.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Gracias! You are worth it all! Sooo glad you are home, praying fresh air, little boys, and sister time will help you mend faster!

Waitingfaithfully said...

Goodness sweetie-- life unexpected for sure! So happy you had many to step up to the plate and help out. Praying for your continued (speedy) healing.

Love from Texas~

Tina

Stephanie said...

so glad to hear that you are home and getting better. Mom has been keeping me updated by email.
I keep praying that you recover quickly and get your strength back.