Friday, May 14, 2010
Bright and Early
5:30 am. I heard an unusual sound and woke up to Seth standing in my doorway. He sounds different than Gavin moving in the night. I am glad I woke up. "Mommy, my bed is wet." I get up and as I walk into the hall I can smell the urine. (I think drinking lots of milk with Aunt Abby here has increased his fluid intake. He didn't believe me when I told him he had wet the bed in his sleep.) As I snuck into the room to strip the bed I hear Gavin - wide awake and cheerful. So we had bathtime at 5:30 am. Yup. Then dressed. I decided that we could snuggle and watch morning come, so I got the bean bag and a quilt and posted us by the back sliding doors to watch the morning come. We heard the birds, saw a grackle. Then Seth says, "Mommy, what is that?" I had seen a bit of fur next to the stair to the deck and told him it was a bunny. At that instant an opossum climbed up on our deck and meandered around!!!! Never seen one around here before, and it is on our deck. We watched from the kitchen windows (better angle once it was off the deck) as it gathered leaves with it's tail and made itself a nest for the day under the deck. We looked up some nature sites and youtube videos on possums. I fed the boys breakfast, and then went back to bed and let the other adults in the house take over. What a surprise for us! What a special moment with my boys. So thankful for the early wake up call (and my in-laws and husband who have been keeping up with all the peed on bedding while I rest up and rebuild strength.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment