Sunday, October 4, 2009
The Saga Continues...
The boys have been challenging with Daddy being gone. Gavin is screaming and crying at the least provocation and doing poorly with potty training despite wanting to wear big boy underwear and not pull ups. Seth is acting out vengefully towards his brother. Last night we were doing pretty well, and I was reading books to them before bed when I got the call that my friend Corine's kids were on the way over for the night (she was headed to the hospital to have her baby!!) I had gotten Gavin plastic undies to put on over his underwear so he could go to bed without a pull up, prayed with all the kids and had them in bed quietly. After it was quiet for quite a while I went downstairs to switch the laundry. I someone get out of bed, but wasn't sure which one it was. When they heard me coming I heard two sets of footsteps running for the boys room, including "crinkle crinkle crinkle" from Gavin's plastic pants. Seth had trouble going to sleep. Twice I had to evict him from under his bed (he pulls it out from the wall and crawls behind to sleep on the floor - only it is too cold and he wakes up in the night cold and uncomfortable and I can't get him out because he is too far under.) This morning we got the call that baby Brooklyn arrived safely after and emergency c-section and the girls got picked up to go meet their baby sister - Brooklyn, 9lbs. 2 oz, 20 3/4" long. Gavin decided he didn't like me telling him no banana or more juice and decided to dump his cereal. I warned him not to do it or there would be conesequences, so he did it anyway. I told him to pick up every cheerio or he would get a spanking for each one he refused to pick up, even ones he smooshed so he didn't have to pick them up. I finished with putting lunch in the crockpot and turned around to discover that Seth had gone and gotten the "spanking spoon" and was intentionally grinding up cheerios so brother could get spankings!!! Gavin did get them all picked up with much screaming and protest. Seth keeps hitting his brother. Mommy is glad it is Sunday morning and is considering sleeping on a pew during Sunday school because she is so tired. :o)! Thanks for praying for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I will be praying that the boys are better behaved for you. Hang in there.
Oh, my! I'm so glad Andrew is home. I sure hope the boys will calm down this week.
Post a Comment