Thursday, October 1, 2009
We miss Daddy!
The boys have a tough time when Daddy is gone. Some days they take it out on Mommy, or each other. Today seemed to be an each other day. The boys were playing in the back yard while I did some work around the house. I could hear and see them out the windows, but when I came back from an errand I had a feeling I should go out and check on them. I couldn't see or hear them, which confirmed that something was up. Gavin was trapped inside the shed screaming his poor little head off in the dark, and Seth was hiding behind the shed! (And this after taking a foam sword to his brother earlier...) It was just one of those days where they couldn't settle in and do well with each other for any length of time. Andrew got to call home for a bit and while I was on the phone with him I noticed Seth starting to crawl under the dining table (which had chairs on it turned upside down.) I told him to stop as I saw him bumping one of the chairs. He didn't obey and ended up knocking the chair off the table onto himself. He started crying for Daddy, and so I said, "He is on the phone, go talk to him!" I was glad for him that he could be comforted by Daddy AND was willing to talk to him on the phone. He was so cute I had to take a picture:
A lot of people do Thankful Tuesday/Thursday posts. Today I am thankful for the CARS video and a great tv/dvd to keep the boys occupied for a few hours. I am thankful for a telephone to talk to my husband when he is gone. I am thankful for a computer to post lots of pictures for him. I am thankful for books to read and learn from. I am thankful for our snug home to keep us safe and warm as the weather turns cold. I am thankful for chocolate. I am thankful for my electronic slaves that help me keep up with the dreaded housework - the laundry machines, the dishwasher, and my floor robot - the one and only Master Pancake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment