So yesterday we had a non-productive good day. We stayed home and reinforced boundaries and had a great day. I thought we had turned a corner...
...until Gavin woke up before it was time to wake up and started screaming at me from the oter room. And turned the light on while Seth was still sleeping. And ran away from me when I tried to get him dressed and dumped half of the cheerios trying to pour himself a new bowl (with me yelling stop and trying to get to him in time unsuccessfully.) So we had time out and got through the attitude - so I thought - and put him to work cleaning up the mess he had accidentally made. Seth gets dressed and I send him to help brother finish cleaning up the cheerios. I shower and get out. I hear no fighting, no nothing... Uh Oh!!! Every surface of the kitchen is covered in cheerios, water has been poured into dishes of cheerios and on the floor. Two stuffed animals are soaked and dirty. Boys? Hiding in the basement behind the treadmill. Mommy yelled. Mommy put the boys in time-out and has to spank someone with the initial G. to get him to stay there. We are supposed to be walking out the door, and our friends are arriving. I didn't beat my children, but it most certainly was not my finest hour. :o) I definately am thinking of more creative ways to discipline. I think I will be able to laugh about it by tomorrow. And since all the cheerios are gone the boys will be very hungry for breakfast tomorrow.
On a better note we had a fun field trip with friends to the music store to learn about the different kinds of instruments. We even got a trumpet demonstration and to try some different percussion instruments! Then I took my boys and Dae'Vonn out for lunch since the kitchen was out of commission. I think Gavin is having a terrible twos day, and the rest of us are surviving him. Now to get ready for a short MN trip...
1 comment:
OH MY!!!
Post a Comment