Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Conversations.

We have been having a lot of conversations about adoption in our home lately. We don't feel like it is time quite yet, but we are talking and praying. I talk to Seth and Gavin about how some kids don't have Mommies and Daddies - I want them to be ready to share us when the time comes. They have really been getting into it. Seth wants 5 brothers. Gavin wants a baby sister. Seth changed his order yesterday to five brothers and 2 sisters. I ended up having a funny conversation with him yesterday.

Seth climbed up on my lap and asked if we could bring our new baby home in 2 weeks. I laughed and explained to him that we needed to fill out a bunch of paperwork and get approved as a good familly before we could bring anybody home to our family. He kept asking questions, so I sent him up to talk to daddy. I heard him telling daddy that we have to fill out a bunch of papers so we can adopt. Then he comes back into the room and tells me that we have to start filling out papers tomorrow! :o)! I would love to, baby, but we have to wait till God says "go!" In the meantime we are waiting and praying and having lots of fun and interesting conversations.

1 comment:

Waitingfaithfully said...

I have two words to say about this post--
YIPPEE JESUS!!

His timing is perfect--You continue to take care of the "On your mark, get set" part--and He'll tell you when to--GO!

So exciting! Thanks for sharing!

Love,

Tina