Tuesday, February 3, 2009
I wasn't expecting this till later...
Last night before dinner we were cleaning up the family room and putting away toys. I overheard Seth mutter, "Oh Lord!" I wasn't even sure if I heard him right, so I called him over and asked him what he said. He confirmed I had heard right. I asked him where he had heard that phrase. "From Mater, when..." (Great, my kid is learning to swear from a cartoon character!) I sat him down on the piano bench and told him how God has commanded us to not use his name in a useless way. We should only use his name if we are speaking to him or about him. He is powerful and his name is to be respected. Well that was that. Daddy walked out the door for the evening, we were almost done w/ picking up toys and... Sure enough he said it again!!!! What is that about. So Seth had his mouth washed out with a soapy washcloth last night. He cried and said that he never wanted that to happen again. I remember having the same thing happen to me when I was about his age I guess since it was our house in Wisconsin - Mom, do you remember what my first swear word was? :o)! I still don't swear to this day, though I thought about starting in jr. high when everyone else was and I got treated weird cause I was about the only one who didn't cuss. I am glad I didn't start, or I would sure have a hard time quitting. I hope this is the end of this issue, at least for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment