Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Everything Day

Some days are just hard. Today was one. It was God's grace we had to be out of the house, or one of us might not have survived. Lets just say I found chewed gum in my knitting bag, marinating trash on the floor in the garage, and things were not being done in a timely fashion. So Mommy took a deep breath, prayed for a fresh start, laughed it off, and we started over by going to a back to school picnic and pool party. We met some of the families who will be in our co-op this coming year and had a great time at a new to us water park.

After dinner my lovely friend Stephanie stopped by, and we had a much needed visit for both of us. However we lost track of time. Here is what I found in the basement after she left...






Those Olympic Games are amazing! They both got carried up to bed!

Now a side note...I have been finding these little bugs in my house for a while now. I finally figured out that they were weevils. Look them up. They are creepy looking, but don't bite people. Problem was I have not been able to locate where they were coming from and therefore how to get rid of them. Tonight as Stephanie was leaving I asked her if she smelled that earthy smell I had caught a wiff of over the last couple of days near the front door. I pulled open the drawer with my camera equipment to discover a mouldy bag of birdseed! Nasty AND problem solved!

I got to finish the night with gymnastics and a skype visit with my sister. And here is hoping my phone starts working again in the morning.

No comments: