Saturday, March 26, 2011
Making stuff again.
I had this bin of old t-shirts in my craft cabinet. Been carrying them around for a few moves. I was thinking of making a rug out of them or something. They had a tutorial for making rugs out of old t-shirts in the most recent Family Fun mag - using a hula hoop for a loom, no less. Even easier than what I was planning. I had enough to make a very small rug (a bunch of them would be really fun for a kids room) or a nice sized basket. Since I am in much need of digging out of the mess in the dining room (PAPER IS THE BANE OF MY EXISTANCE!) I have hatched a plan to use this and a hanging pocket organizer to bring some order to my home. I haven't made the pocket organizer - that is coming up next on my agenda this evening. Then to clean and organize my dining room and kitchen. Anyhow, here is my rainbow basket. 14 some t-shirts get a new life! 

That should add some sunshine to our snowy/muddy day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your grandma would have loved this!
Post a Comment