Friday, June 25, 2010

Time well spent.

I have a kid that I get to be a mentor for. Mostly that has involved lots of phone calls to a lot of people and a lot of prayer since February. And then, suddenly it seems, I get the okay to visit him. Got registered today. And got to visit him. And listen and care. Let him know about all the prayers and sleepless nights and worry. And listen and care. It sure is a privilege to just show up in his life. Such an answer to prayer. And I am so thankful for my mommy that drove me and waited in the hot parking lot two times today. And I am so thankful for my daddy that did Papa duty with the boys during naptime and reading books. And I am so thankful for the loving Godly heritage they have given me. I have been given much, it is never more apparent than when I spend time with "the least of these." Children that haven't had the love and discipline and haven't been told about the love and grace and mercy and hope that can be found in Jesus. I got to tell him how strong and smart he is. That I am gonna be there no matter where he ends up. That when he figures out what he wants to fight FOR and run TO that I will be there cheering him along, believing in him. That I will visit and care and pray. I can clearly see today: I am so very rich. I have been given so very much. And am reminded that "the earth is full of His unfailing love." I want to spend my life discovering all the places where He has put His love, to be a part of that fullness. And I am thankful. And tired.

p.s. I might have to have my leg cut wide open again or ? The doctors are consulting to figure out how to help me make positive progress in healing. I don't know if I will hear anything before the weekend is out, but I am glad that they are going to see if something can be done to help my wound healing progress in a positive direction instead of just being stable.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I love you and your heart for teenagers and how much you care for them when it seems like no one else will and how you are willing to put yourself out there at the crisis center and how you are still praying for them even when you can't be there and how much love you have in your heart to give to others. Oh, and I think you are really cute too.

Missy said...

You are very rich indeed, and your parents invested well and how wonderful it must be for them to see the fruits of their labor in your life today. :) I can't wait to hear about your visits!! That.is.amazing.