I have oodles of things to post about, but have been so busy that they haven't gotten done. And now I am so far behind that...
We are really glad to have Daddy home again. Gavin is instantly better and in love with all the time he is getting to spend with Daddy. Seth has been prickles and stings and ornery as all get out about everything since Daddy got home. This morning we had a long talk about being angry with Daddy about him being gone and learning to forgive him. He did better today. This stuff is soooo hard for the boys - they don't understand why Daddy leaves. They just feel abandoned. It is very hard for me to watch as a mom. We want to protect our children and give them the best. And yet my boys are learning to deal with hard things at a young age. And life has a lot of hard things.
I had a great birthday, and chaotic week, and a busy weekend ahead. Tomorrow is cooking baking for my "big kids" and skating as a family. Then a chili dinner with friends. Then a big morning at church where I am singing a song (not ready yet!) and potluck lunch. The church I go to MOPS at offers free childcare on Sunday night for Valentines Day, so I think Andrew and I are going to take advantage of that. And mixed in between lots of Olympic sports. The boys are very excited about the previews they got tonight before bed.
Oh - I have been working on something for the last 6 weeks that has consumed a lot of my emotions and thoughts, and it looks like it is working out, but there is a big hurdle ahead next week sometime. Please pray. This is one of those learning to be more obedient and having no idea where it is going to take you things. :o)
One last thing - after watching a clip about a skier that started skiing for the first time at age 7, Seth asked if Daddy could teach him to ski when he is 7. The power of seeing people do what they love and do it well is amazing!
1 comment:
Hey,
Thanks for sharing what's going on! Today's been a hard day for me - I Really miss Ethan. It's oddly comforting to know others struggle w/ spouses&fathers being gone too. I will ask our Father to comfort you, the boys & Andrew. I hope you're able to enjoy the time together when he's home, even knowing he'll be leaving again (that's hard for me to do!).
Happy belated Birthday!!!
Love ya,
Debbie
Post a Comment