Monday, May 4, 2009

these are a few of my favorite things...

(can you tell i watched the sound of music this week?)

...i LOVE volunteering at the crisis center downtown. i LOVE these tough nut kids who have gotten the short stick in life and are having a rough go of it. i LOVE spending time with them on friday nights. my mommy, the amazing Pookie, helped me make Easter dinner for these lovely kids that don't have homes right now. here is the newsletter w/ the article for those of you who wanted to see it (Pookie). :o)!

http://www.childsaving.org/newsevents/news/monthlykidworks/KidWorksApr09friend.asp

Please. Please. if you have a little extra love - make time and room in your life to love on some teens. Please. they need us. they need love.

1 comment:

Megan said...

That is so cool! I love what the article said about you and I know that they didn't exaggerate at all because you really are one of the most generous people I know! I love you and I CANT WAIT to see you!!! (assuming you make it out of the basement!;)