Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bad Hair Day

I have still been sick and not doing so good (my depression on top of things hasn't been too helpful) so last night I did something really stupid. My hair really needed cleaned up in back so I got it cut. At Walmart. I told her I wanted to keep the length and wanted texture. So... she cut out all the texture, cut off ALL the length in the back like a boy haircut from my jr. high years in the 80's, put layers in the front like these 2 big floppy ears, and didn't realize till she was done that there were long bangs in the front. Yup, 3 hairstyles going on and it didn't seem so bad for a wash and go cut till I woke up this morning and tried to style it a little bit before my dr. appt. I don't get too worked up about my hair usually, but I was sobbing. I have never felt embarassed to be walking around with my hair on my head before (except for maybe in junior high when I cut my own bangs for the first time and they were a centimeter long and crooked.) So on top of feeling rotten I was looking rotten. At Seth's gymnastics class there was a lady w/ stylish hair so I asked if anyone knew a good stylist. She gave me the card of Alyssa (my new hero) and I called this afternoon. Amber (my other hero) watched the boys and I now have the shortest hair I have ever had in my life. And I LOVE it. I didn't know I could do short hair this well. Anyhow, you all have to wait till I can get a camera and take some pictures before you get to see it. HA HA on you! Anyhow, I am feeling a little better, taking antibiotics for the fluid in my left lung, and trying to take care of my boys - Seth and Gavin are coughing, and Andrew is miserable and running a fever tonight. We appreciate all the prayers we can get. Lots of love from Nebraska. (Be glad you are far away and can't catch this bug!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Thompsons. Tomorrow is just around the corner and it will be a better day. We love you. Sandi

Stephanie said...

I am glad that you found someone to fix the bad haircut. I will be praying you all feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry but I can't stop laughing! I only buy things like, huggies diapers at walmart, cause they can't change them and make them crappy. You poor thing - but at least something good ended up coming out of it! It is nice to have a good cut - even if you have to go the round about way to get it:) At least you didn't dye it pink like my mom did once...