Monday, October 13, 2008
Sunday Lunch
Sunday we had new friends over after church. John is a student from Ivory Coast and was riding home with us. I asked him how long he had been speaking English for, and he told me 1 year. I told him how impressed I was. Seth butts into the conversation and say, "I have been speaking English for 3 years!" John just started laughing. He is pretty quiet and reserved, so it was good to hear him laugh. Later at the house when there were a bunch of us bustling around with kids and food preparation I looked over and John was sitting in a chair in the corner of the kitchen listening and watching everything going on - and Gavin was curled up in his lap. So happy to see that. We also had another Air Force couple with 2 girls and Pastor Drew, Theresa and their kids over. Another event that had us all laughing - Crystal came inside: "Theresa, I think your son just peed on the deck!" Poor kid - the adults couldn't stop laughing. We all knew it could have been any of our kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Too funny! Leah decided to pee all over my bedroom floor yesterday... not nearly as funny.
I am so glad that you are making friends, especially through church. I hope these are some good, lasting connections.
Post a Comment