

Dolphins. All morning long. Dozens of them. Some close. Some far away. Some lazy and slow. Some playful and doing flips out of the water. They are hard to photograph, and all I have is my ipad, so look for little fins in the photos. There were birds playing in the surf that was so minimal. The loon was back, just floating on the ocean as the sun came up, and later fishing. I may or may not have seen a whale spout out toward the horizon. I saw a fishing bird dive from a height straight into the water just feet from the edge of the surf and come up with a white fish. It got so hot i put on my bathing suit top with my shorts and read in the sunshine with 30 spf on.
Can you see the dolphin fins in the above and below photos?

Then I took a break inside so I didn't get burnt. The wind shifted to coming in from over the ocean and now I am dressed in layers, playing guitar and watching the gulls float on the waves and periodically the pelicans fly overhead in groups all in a line. They did this all morning fishing in a line just inches over the surface of the water. Every afternoon they have flown overhead like this, so here they come...



I hope that as long as I live I never forget these things that God has made and the beauty and power of the ocean. There are no words or photographs...so thankful to get to EXPERIENCE all of this.
2 comments:
STOP IT!!!!
;-)
kidding.
lovin' it.
so bummed I can't come down on Saturday to see you - Lydia has a dance outreach (right by Truro!) ALL day that day!
So glad you are enjoying it. The boys had a good day today.
Post a Comment