Sunday, May 22, 2011
This week at our house...
Right on the ledge next to the front door we have a robin's nest. I am afraid that two of the eggs haven't hatched because we keep using the door too much...
But this little guy is thriving and is now at least twice the size of this pic. I will have to get another one. Soon. I feel so blessed to see a bird nesting and caring for her young up close.
Sad news: 3 of my friends are moving away this month. This is the going away gift I made for Rachael. Kara and Liz's gifts are still in progress (as is my mom's Mother's day gift from LAST year! I think I have a problem, folks!)
My organizer I made on the wall and working hard.
And last week, Seth helped me with assembling this rag quilt to go to a baby/mom in Mali. An 11 year old girl from our church has a ministry making blankets for the hospital there, and we were privileged to help out.
Other news: Seth and Gavin had their last 2 skating lessons (at least till after summer is over), and Daddy got them their own hockey skates and upgraded their sticks (Gavin had outgrown his) and put fresh tape on them. Seth got to play soccer today. He rarely touches the ball during games, but has a good instinct where on the field to move to get in good defensive position. He did have one good run down the field! Gavin missed his game because it was during church time this morning. :o(! Andrew's deployment got cancelled. This means that he will probably be having a new deployment scheduled to leave in June and be gone for longer... This messes up a lot of our summer plans and I am grieving him not being there to pick me up from the RAGBRAI and for family vacations, and also my friends leaving. We are however enjoying having Andrew home with us for a little longer this spring for sure!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love the birds! I hope the little one survives OK. Nice work on your sewing. You are getting lots done.
We just watched a robin nest at our back door, three of four eggs hatched and two of the three survived. The kids and I loved watching the little family. They fledged and left home yesterday! We all cheered!
I'm so sorry about Andrew's deployment, that's definitely a challenge. I hope your summer hold unexpected treats and surprises!
You've been a busy girl, as always! I love all of your projects (and your cute helper, too)! So sorry about the disappoinment with your summer plans . . . and friends leaving--that is tough. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your beautiful robin's nest, and baby bird with me--My mama bird was sitting on her nest at the Randolph house when it was time for us to move---oh how I miss my baby birds! Your pictures put a smile on my face!
Love from Texas~
Tina
Sorry about the kink in summer plans. But beautiful projects. Way to get things finished! Love you :)
Post a Comment