Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Yeast.

Yesterday I got to have quiet time while Brittany took the boys to her brother's ball game. One of the verses I read was about the kingdom of God being like a woman adding yeast to flour and it working through the entire batch. I prayed I would be able to add yeast to my big kid's lives and headed off to the crisis center. I found out one of the girls that I have a relationship with was in her room and needed checked on, so I popped in. She just found out that her mom doesn't want her home again. She is 16 and has 3 years of h.s. left. She had spent the whole day crying. I loved on her, and shared God's love with her. I told her I would bring her a Bible of her own today. Then at the end of the evening after gratitude group I offered to bring anyone a Bible who wants one. 4 kids want a Bible. Then I sang them some worship songs for bedtime. I even had a few requests. I love how God shows up when I go there. It puts everything in my life into perspective. It is a privilege to be a part of the kingdom of heaven here on earth, to be able to share real HOPE with these kids who are in hopeless circumstances. I am so glad to know that the word of God will go forth and He will accomplish His purposes. That He chooses to share that with me is humbling and a blessing. So please pray for A. who's heart is breaking and future is uncertain, that she will look to God for her strength and significance and love.

No comments: