Seth LOVES playing with his cousin Isaac and is starting to look out for the girls more. A lot of the time it is hard to get his attention he is so busy playing, but I have had amazingly deep conversations with him. Seth and I were talking about the civil war (he saw a segment on a battlefield on a National Parks special we were watching) and the civil rights movement, and he asks all sorts of great questions about how things operate. A lot of things he asks I kind of know the answer, but don't know it well enough to explain it to him well, so I tell him to ask Daddy. So he asks me, "How come boys are so much smarter than girls?" (After I had just explained a lot of history stuff to him in depth, mind you.) Seth has had a great time watching football with Uncle Greg and cheering, "Go Vikings!" This is a HUGE Packers house, so that doesn't go over too well. He has watched too many football game commercials, though, cause the other night he asked me for more Bud Light. When I questioned him he pointed and said he wanted more root beer. :o)
Gavin is in the middle of the mix and playing about as much with Hannah (and sometimes Audrey) as Isaac. He is my little lovey and funny guy. I miss sleeping in my own bed with Andrew - Gavin moves around and kicks a lot at night! :o) It is so much fun hanging out with my little guys. Gavin was like a fish in the water at the pool, walking around on his hands and grinning from ear to ear, and jumping in with his face under the water.
I have been reading to the boys. Right now we are reading the Secret Garden and Peter Pan. Also, we have been reading some nursery rhymes. After reading what little boys are made of and little girls are made of, Hannah was saying, "sugar and spice, sugar and spice" and giggleing. I asked her if she was made of sugar and spice. "Yes." "Audrey, are you made of everything nice?" An indignant, "NO!" These girls are so cuddly and funny and I love getting to know them and spend time with them.
I am really excited to spend some time with two of my best friends in Colorado Springs this week, and hope to see my aunts and uncles as well. And then the long drive home and jumping right into Thanksgiving and Advent seasons. I am very excited about celebrating Jesus with our family and friends! And I am learning to be more Thankful every day. I will get busy posting pictures when I get home again. I have a LOT to post! And I have a few things up my sleeve, but you will have to wait to find out about those things... :o)
1 comment:
Glad you are having a good time. Keep safe! Greet Megan and Lindy for me.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment