Monday, January 4, 2010
Date with Daddy
We decided to take the boys out before A. leaves on his next big trip. Skating - they had a family night special across town. We got there to find out that part of the roof was falling in? and it was cancelled. So we went to dinner at Olive Garden and then to the open skate at the rink where A. has been playing all his hockey games. The boys were VERY excited and it was my first time getting to skate with them. They had little carts (they look like mini walkers) they can push around the ice, and Seth was going to do it all by himself. Gavin wanted to be pushed or pulled around the rink, and periodically take breaks to sit in the penalty box and watch the action. They hung in there for close to two hours! I couldn't believe it. Towards the end I decided to see if Gavin would skate to me so I went about 4 feet ahead of him and called him to me. He climbs out from the cart and skates to me. Just like that. Turkey! I have been propelling you around the whole time and you can do it on your own???? Seth isn't as confident, but can do okay on his own for short stints. I think we are going to try and keep them off the carts next time. Hopefully soon. They have hockey in their blood. :o)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment