Thursday, June 4, 2009

The weather report.

Several (3 or more) days in the last week or so one of the boys has told me that it is snowing outside. Nope - it is the cotton from the cottonwood trees blowing! And my allergies are always the worst when the cotton is blowing. I have not had allergies this bad since I was a kid, and for some reason my meds are not helping AT ALL this time. I ended up putting cucumbers on my eyes to cool them off one night - it really helped, even if it was a bit odd. :o)! Can't wait for things to settle down outside. LOVING all the growing things, though. Today we planted more onions, lettuce, carrots, and replanted a couple of bushes from in front of the house that were getting crowded out. I am also pulling up all my bulbs - some of them early - because I discovered that some of the bulbs were rotting in the ground. That could explain why some of my bulbs didn't come up this spring if those gardens don't have good drainage. I plan on mixing them into my regular garden for next spring, not all concentrated together. We are doing well, even with Daddy being gone and being stuck at home all week. Anybody want to go strawberry picking with us on Saturday?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Glad to hear that the boys are doing better. Wish I could join you when you go berry picking. have a great time.