Friday, March 13, 2009

Random.

When I was dumping out the remains in the bird feeder to refill it I found a whole peanut in the bottom. Not there before. Not part of the bird seed. I am guessing the squirrel who plants corn in our yard must have figured out some way to get that peanut in there!

Seth was able to pick out the letters to spell CAT and DOG by their sounds in the bathtub this week.

Gavin and Seth were helping Mommy empty the dishwasher and put things away before dinner last night. When they were done Seth took off, and I finally looked over to see what Gavin was up to. He had taken it upon himself to set the table for dinner and was putting clean plates on the table!!!! Thats my boy!

We found out that we are going to have a new NEPHEW this summer! Yay for boys! Congratulations Steve and Angie!

Our backyard bunny has been watching us. She comes up onto the back deck, and was a few feet away outside the back door once (did I already post about that?).

I am starting to collect seeds for our garden. Now I just have to get the garden bed ready. Warm weather come soon!

I started volunteering at the crisis center for Child Saving Institute. I really thankful for the opportunity to love on these kids for one night a week. It makes me realize how important what I do every day of the week with my boys is.

Here is where I am at right now: I am thankful in a way that words don't do justice for Everything that God has blessed me with. I have been blessed, not for myself, but so that I can be more generous with what I have been given. I am on this crazy journey to figure out how to live Jesus in practical ways every day, what true generosity looks like. Much has been given to me, and much is expected. If God is in control of everything and has promised to provide for all my needs, then now in this time of financial stress in our nation, now in this time of global hunger in our world, now is the time to give. Of myself, of my resources, of my time. And I need to keep my priorities straight and put my family first, too. I don't want to live in fear and being overwhelmed, but in freedom, Love.

No comments: