Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sweet Little Man

Today Gavin fell down this afternoon and was crying, it was naptime anyway, so Andrew brought him upstairs to me to put him down for a nap. We were in my bed since Seth was still sleeping in the other room, and Gavin did NOT want to settle down and go to sleep! Then I hear this little voice next to me: "Mommy, this is for Gavin." Seth is there with a pacifier for his brother! So sweet to be woken up by Gavin's screaming and still want to comfort him. I asked Seth if he wanted to come up and get a hug, and he did. He says, "I found it in our bunkbed." (They are both sleeping in the one bunk with rails right now till we get a second mattress.) I asked Seth if he liked sleeping in his new bunkbed. "Not so very much." He just makes me laugh - who knows where he heard that phrase and what he really means by it. :o)! He also made me laugh a couple of other times today. I am trying not to interfere in the boys' tiffs as often, hoping they will learn to work them out. I heard them at it in the other room, then they both appear at the bottom of the stairs. Gavin is crying and a little upset. Seth (without me asking) says, "Gavin is crying because Zebra hit him." So I ask if he was holding Zebra, and he was. Later he lied to me in order to go downstairs while I was in the shower, and when I caught him in his lie gave him a time out. We talked about trust and telling the truth. He then says, "Mommy, I ate a fish." I ask what kind, not sure if he is using his imagination or telling me something for real. He shows me with his fingers that is was 'this big' and red. I realize that while he was being naughty he decided to eat Swedish fish that were on the table downstairs and he had been told not to eat. I love his honesty, and hope that he continues to tell me the truth. It sure cracks me up that he tells on himself, though.

No comments: