This week we finally got to visit the nursing home again. It had been a LONG time because of illness, there and here. We visit the Alzheimer's unit because that is where my friend's dad lives. Most often we go on Thursdays when a pastor comes and we sing hymns with all the residents, and then the pastor does communion and a short devotional with everyone. There were a lot of new faces this time, and some familiar ones as well. A woman came and played piano beautifully. It overwhelms me every time I go, that some of these people have lost everything...even their minds, but they still have Jesus. My friend's dad can no longer speak, but he can still sing those old hymns. This week something precious and beautiful happened. As the pastor was going around sharing communion with each person there was one lady on the outside circle. She started to get anxious and wave her hand to make sure the pastor saw her. She got more and more intense about it, till he finally spoke to her and promised he was coming. She just wanted communion so badly. It was such a beautiful reminder. If only we all wanted Jesus so much. I was so clearly reminded this week that Jesus is enough. His body, his blood. It is enough. I was moved to tears in that moment. Gig to the nursing home is such a good reminder of what really matters in life. Love. Relationships. Jesus most of all.
I haven't posted much because of the security breach on my kids' photos. I started thinking, too, that it is not fair to them to have their entire lives available online for anyone to look at that wants to. When they get grown, they may have real regrets about that. So I have pulled back. But they are well. And today we meet with our social worker in the last stage to complete our homestudy before applying to immigration to bring a child home... I am tense. I have made it my life's work to make a home for my family, and someone is going to be coming here to evaluate that home and marriage. Lets just say I have had weird dreams three nights running! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment