
Papa Buzz took us on a pontoon boat tour of Grand Lake. We learned about where the water comes from and where it goes, and also about the history of a lot of the interesting cabins around the lake.





We hiked up to a waterfall and climbed on rocks. I laid down on a huge rock and just soaked it in. I must have been very still because a squirrel ran between my bent up legs and butt! I only saw his tail disappear next to my bum, but two passerbyers saw the whole thing!!!


We had ice cream and then drove into the National Park to visit a historic site. We got to practice our roping skills.






Nobody caught the fake calf. Oh, well. We did learn about the first families to settle in the area and how they made a living for themselves. We got to tour their home and see all the amazing skills they had and inventive ways they found to survive and thrive. Lots of amazing handiwork throughout their home. Very inspirational. Then we drove back out and stopped to see a moose. I took a picture, but the ipad photo doesn't show up the moose at all, so you will just have to take my word for it. We stopped for an overlook of the lakes and towns.


Then we came home for dinner, craft time, baths, and bedtime in our new jammies.




Well, the boys got new jammies. I got knitting needles and perfume and a pattern book to use up my great fabric stash. Now to kiss those boys goodnight, and get to knitting...
No comments:
Post a Comment