Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Baking with my boys.







Last week Seth and Gavin each made a recipe of chocolate chip cookies out of their own cookbooks. One got voted best dough to eat, the other was tastier cooked. We got to share them with our neighbors. Gavin was quite proud of how messy he got! This morning I got downstairs to find Seth making his own breakfast. He had found bagels in the fridge and was making himself a recipe from his cookbook that calls for bagel, cheese, apple slices and cinnamon sprinkled on top. He was being bery obedient not using a sharp knife without help, and said to me, "I am having trouble cutting my apple.". He had a cutting board and butter knife and a mangled apple. A+ for effort! I cut the apple and he did all the rest, including toasting it in the toaster oven. Then Gavin wanted to make something from his cookbook, so we had Banana Sundays after dinner tonight. Yummy! I love that we can do so much together now!!!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

The last time I cooked with Leah, she wanted me to take pictures of how messy she was, too. It is so much fun to watch these kids grow up and be able to do more and more.