Thursday, April 12, 2012

Embarassing trip

Yesterday the boys and I stopped at the commisary.
As a couple people approached us I remnded the boys to move to the right side of the sidewalk. I moved to the very edge since I was holding Gavin's hand. As we came abreast of the other people I think (not sure since it happened so fast) that Gavin moved towards me and I tried to correct by moving my right foot a little closer to the curb. In my tall wedge shoes. On the curved curb. And down I went into the street.
Purse went flying.
Scraped my hands and bloodied my left knee.
Managed to let go of Gavin so he never fell.
Started saying, "I'm fine!" because I was so embarassed.
I continued into the store without ever looking at the people we passed, and glanced up at the sign over the door that I had never read before:
"Your commisary. Worth the trip"
I don't think so!
I am a grown woman and still manage to totally embarass myself.
Even the building was mocking me!! Too funny!



5 comments:

Mom said...

So sorry. Hope you are better today!

Anonymous said...

Beccy that is such a good story you need to submit it to Reader's Digest and get some money for your pain! Hope you are recovered.
Aunt E

Stephanie said...

I totally tripped the other day, too. I ripped a hole in my jeans and had a scrapped up knee just like a little kid. And I fell in front of a bunch of people too...all of them staring at the crazy foreigner falling down in the street. I can feel your embarrassment. I hope your knee and hands heal quickly.

Jennifer said...

Hey! That's better than Josh's fall at your house :) I agree. You should submit it.

Missy said...

And, it's better than Kara's fall at your house! Tee hee! But, still embarrassing, and painful. Skinned knees are no joke. :~)