Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th of July Weekend


We got to go camping this weekend. I biked most of the way to the campground before dark overtook me. We were joined by our friends, and we love camping with them! I took my camera, but was too busy trying to squeeze in bike rides and not miss out on anything. It was HOT the first day (97 - 106 on my bike computer) and I was staving off heat exhaustion the whole four hours I was out there going into the wind, doing hills. Total miles was only 25 for the whole time.

Friday after my ride we spent the rest of the day at a water park. Everyone had a blast. Saturday morning I woke up early and the temp was in the 80's. 26 miles of hills in 2 hours. We went to a safari and got to see elk, buffalo, and other great animals that no longer inhabit the plains. Amber and I took off for a girl's afternoon - ice cream and Bible study in the air conditioning! The awesome Daddies took the kids swimming at the state park beach and bathed them for us.
We had a fun time playing games after the kids went to bed, and then the rain really set in. Can I just say that our tent needs to be sealed? we loaded out at 5am! The good news is that we made it to our home church this morning! After family nap time we headed out to a minor league baseball game and stayed for the great fireworks.



This was one of those peaceful perfect moments when you are all together and doing well and enjoying life together. It was particularly sweet because of the many summers it has been since Andrew could be with us, and we know he is leaving again soon. We are so thankful...

1 comment:

rachel said...

I'm glad you all had a great weekend--and way to keep up with the biking. Love you.