This is an update to my last biking log. I found a website that records routes you take, milage, feet of incline... I put in the route I took, and it tells me how much elevation I gained on my last ride: 574 feet. The first day of RAGBRAI we climb 4000+, so I am guessing that riding in this area is going to help me a LOT with getting used to hills.
I just did the route that I took to Bible Study a couple of weeks ago into strong headwinds. That shows .6 miles less than the odometer on my bike, and the elevation graph doesn't show the HUGE hill I had to climb at the end. However, I am guessing the elevation increase is probably in the ballpark, as I am coming away from the river as I bike -almost 384 feet of climb. It sure felt like a LOT more that day!
1 comment:
Cool! Now I need to get my bike out.
Post a Comment