I found a scripture memory system online somewhere, and decided to try using it to file all of our memory verses. We have some family ones, and the boys have a lot from AWANA. I have been working hard on consistency and we do our memory verses every morning before breakfast (it helps to motivate little boys on some days that "we don't live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God (read you don't get breakfast till we finish this)"! They are doing really really well. AND I have discovered that their concentration is improving in a lot of other areas as well the more we work on our scripture memory!!! Way to go boys!
They also filled up their pasta jar. The get to put in pastas for doing jobs, good choices, great attitudes, etc. They have been working on this for a couple of months. This time they got to pick out a new lego set each. I do believe they have gone lego crazy in the last couple of months! Mommy loves that they have found an activity that keeps them occupied creatively for long periods of time. That would be a first in our house!
The boys and I are headed out on a side trip to Atlanta to visit some of my sweetest friends that I haven't seen since I was in Chile the summer after I graduated from college. Lets just say that I won't be getting any sleep on Friday night. :o)! Yay!!!!! Thank you, Andrew, for letting me go! You are the best, and we are so proud of you for how hard you are working!
1 comment:
You and I will have to swap scriptures. We're trying to get back into this but I'm curious which verses you're using. We'll have to compare lists when you get home.
Post a Comment